Monday, November 3, 2008

MTHFR--No, I'm not saying a bad word!

I found out today that my genetics test results came back "Flagged."

MTHFR with genetic mutations:  C677T, A1298C

Also, the Prothrombin Antibodies was 57 igm (High); RE is retesting this--he was concerned about my results.

Treatment:
81mg baby aspirin daily
Folic Acid
Prenatal Vitamin
Prescription Vitamin
Call Re when pregnant, for bloodwork & monitoring, Lovenex shots daily after positive

I am at risk for clots, miscarriage, heart attack, and fetal neural tube defects.

Information Overload.  Time to Digest.

Attended First Resolve Support group in my area!  It was nice to chat with new friends.  I actually cried when telling my story...didn't expect to do that!  Well, I hope we will enjoy our
journey together.  It's ups & downs.  

Goodnight,
Kelly

No comments: