Monday, June 8, 2009

Cheering for a Team that Never Wins

Okay, so I feel like a cheerleader who is cheering for a hopeless team.

My husband can probably relate-he is a Chicago Cubs fan. He has been since he was old enough to wear a team hat-and have his own baseball glove. Since we've been together, I experienced a true "cheerleader" or fan. He has been on pins and needles hoping for a shot at the World Series. Yes, they have gotten close-but, each loss hits hard. I have noticed this is the first year since we've been married that he is keeping the Cubs at a distance. He just can't "bear" it.

Our latest cycle of test have hit us hard once again. I am of getting tired of this whole process.
So, we had the sperm analysis this month. Rich passed with flying colors!! Then, the post-coital test...my left ovary was anticipating a release within a few hours. But, we failed the test-no semen! What?!?

Despite having great timing, we get knocked down with a real blow. Yet, I still remain hopeful.
I bought another box of First Response pregnancy test (3 count). Then, I called the RE to hear my results from the progesterone test. It was a 7.8! UGH! Can you believe it? So, this month, we have a no semen & low progesterone...it really is difficult to cheer for Team Baby!

I remember distinctly telling my husband that if we still were trying to conceive by the month before my 36th birthday...I would definitely give up the dream(that was three years ago). I really had hoped that this would be my month, I did give myself an ultimatum.

Yes, tonight, I feel like I'm cheering for a team that never wins. But, then I turned around and looked at my beautiful four year old daughter thanking God that I had at least one grand slam! She is one of those "hits" that will become history.


3 comments:

Leah said...

My sweet friend....I am sorry you are going through this. But I'm glad you see the blessing of your beautiful darling daughter. So many people tend to forget the miracle of children they already have. You know exactly how blessed you are! I love that about you. Who knows...you might get a miracle one day...I love you my friend!!

Leah said...

My sweet friend....I am sorry you are going through this. But I'm glad you see the blessing of your beautiful darling daughter. So many people tend to forget the miracle of children they already have. You know exactly how blessed you are! I love that about you. Who knows...you might get a miracle one day...I love you my friend!!

Betsy said...

Oh honey! I know it's hard! You are so positive and such a great cheerleader! You know, cheerleaders always have faith and a spark in them that is so bright! That's you! We never really know the TRUE plan, but we do know that blessings don't come cheap! I will walk alongside you wherever your road leads!